(Serves 6-8, prep 20 min, cook 60 min)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. sweet paper
- ¼ tsp. black paper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cap water
- 2 beaten eggs+1 tbsp. water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stew the onions with 1 tbsp. water and oil, add meat, salt and black paper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, add sweet peper and parsley, stir well, set aside.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into small circles, about ¼-inch.
- Slice tomatoes into ¼-inch circles, set aside.
- Spray an 11×17-inch pan with oil and add one layer of potatoes on the bottom, followed by a layer of ½ of the meat mixure.
- Next, add one layer of potatoes , followed by a layer of the second ½ of the meat mixure.
- Add one last layer of potatoes and top with sliced tomatoes. Add water to cover the top layer of potatoes.
- Bake in the oven (preheated to 400 F) for one hour.
- Prepare topping by mixing well eggs, milk and flour and pour over the top of the hot.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until a beautiful crust forms.
Copyright Eli Potter Productions