Tarator is a Bulgarian cucumber-yogurt soup. This is the best refreshing cold soup for hot summers. You don’t have to cook anything, and you can also serve this as an appetizer or dip if you skip the water.
(Serves 2-4, prep time 10-15 min)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt (read label to ensure Lactobacillus Bulgaricus is one of the ingredients)
- 1 to 2 cups water depending on thin you want it
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. fresh finely chopped dill
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped walnuts
- Crush garlic and place in large bowl.
- Add oil, salt and mix well.
- Peel cucumber and grate, add to bowl.
- Stir the yogurt in its container before adding to the mixture.
- Add dill, walnuts and 1 cup of water and stir again. Add more water and salt to taste.
- Keep cold and add ice before serving.
Copyright Eli Potter Productions